16 May 2007

Heaven's Before Me

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me please
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
And with the water of Your side, Lord, wash me clean
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
And O dear Jesus, hear my plea

Cause Heaven's before me
Heaven's before me

Within Thy wounds will You hide me
And suffer me not separation from Thee
From the enemy, O Father, please defend me
And at the hour of my death, God, call me home
And bid me come unto Thee
So with Your saints I may praise Thee
With Your saints I may praise Thee

Cause Heaven's before me
Heaven's before me

Incline my heart to do You will
My heart is Thine


This is a stunning version of the "Anima Christi" prayer, written by the brilliant musician Colleen McCarron. If you'd like to hear it, my friend Jimmy has a streaming link on his blog, Mirth in the Merciful. If you go to Colleen's page, check out another one of her songs called "I Can't Wait." It is a beautiful prayer/song to her future husband.


"If I love you, I will show you; I will show you with the rest of my life!"
~Colleen McCarron, I Can't Wait

No comments: