18 December 2007

Breath of Heaven, Hold Me Together

Advent is quickly drawing to a close as Christmas approaches in just a short week. Our Gospel readings are focusing less on the second coming and more on this first coming, as we now must be patient, waiting in silent prayer for the fulfillment of God's plan. And what a truth that is for us in our lives. We sit and wait, listening to God tug on our hearts. But the fulfillment of those plans do not always happen immediately. We must constantly unite ourselves with our Blessed Mother, as she waited, scared but patient, lonely but full of hope, feeling unworthy but abandoning herself to His plan. In this last week before Christmas, let us truly be one with our Mother, waiting in hopeful prayer for His plan to be fulfilled--both for His birth at Christmas and in each of our lives.

There's a beautiful song illustrating this truth, "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant. I heard it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it has quickly become one of my favorites.

I have traveled many moonless nights
Cold and weary with a babe inside
And I wonder what I've done
Holy Father, You have come
And chosen me now, to carry Your Son

I am waiting in a silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now, be with me now

Breath of Heaven, hold me together
Be forever near me, Breath of Heaven

Breath of Heaven, lighten my darkness

Pour over me Your holiness, for You are holy

Breath of Heaven


Do you wonder as you watch my face
If a wiser one should have had my place
But I offer all I am
For the mercy of Your plan
Help me be strong, help me be, help me


"The angel Gabriel said, 'Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you.' But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. Then the angel said, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God."
~Luke 1:28-30

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song has always been one of my favorite Christmas songs! Happy Christmas...
*Melody

Anonymous said...

I love this song....but all I can think of when I see it is SME pressing the skip button on my radio, haha! You are amazing!!