01 July 2012

Lament

I'm Mary and I'm Martha all at the same time
I'm sitting at His feet and I'm dying to be recognized
I am the picture of contentment and I am dissatisfied
Why is it easy to work but hard to rest sometimes


I'm restless and I rustle like a thousand tall trees
I'm twisted and I'm turning in an endless daydream
You wrestle me at night and I wake in search of You
Try as I might, but I just can't catch You, but I want to
Cause I need You, yeah I need You, I can't catch You, but I want to


Oh how long, how long until I'm home
Cause I'm so tired, so tired of running
Oh how long, until You come for me
Cause I'm so tired, so tired of running


Audrey Assad - Lament

Our Lady, Star of the Sea, pray for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Even the winter won't last forever. We'll see the morning. We'll feel the sun!" It certainly is a long and drawn out winter though. Just keep holding out for the Spring! I love your heart! ~Maria