24 July 2012

Live Jesus!

“O world!  O abominable troop!  No, never shall you see me beneath your banner!  I have forever abandoned your mad, fruitless ways.  King of pride, accursed king, infernal spirit, I renounce you and all your empty pomps!  I detest you and all your works.  I turn to you, my own Jesus, king of happiness and eternal glory, and I embrace you with all the strength of my soul.  I adore you with my whole heart.  I choose you to be my King now and forever.  By this inviolable act of fidelity I pay you irrevocable homage. I submit myself to your holy laws and ordinances.  O holy Virgin, my beloved Lady, I choose you for my guide. I put myself under your direction and offer you particular respect and special reverence.  My guardian angel, present me to this assembly.  Do not forsake me until I have been enrolled in this blessed company.  With them I say and I will say forever in testimony to my choice: Live, Jesus! Live, Jesus!”

A great prayer and challenge for me as we complete our first week at sea.  St. Francis de Sales, pray for us!

No comments: