26 February 2007

I Found My Destiny

I just recently started reading St. Faustina's Diary, Divine Mercy in My Soul, and already it is stirring my heart up with thoughts on the Lord I've never imagined.

"O God, the more I know You the less I can comprehend You, but this 'non comprehension' lets me realize how great you are! And it is this impossibility of comprehending which enflames my heart anew for You, O Lord. From the moment when You let me fix the eyes of my soul on You, O Jesus, I have been at peace and desired nothing else, I found my destiny at the moment when my soul lost itself in You, the only object of my love."

~St. Faustina, Paragraph 57, Divine Mercy in My Soul


This entry is so moving to me I don't even know where to begin. I definitely know that there is a truth to this in my faith walk, in that the more I know God, the less I focus on figuring out why I love Him so much, and instead just love Him. Contemplating His complexity always ends in rejoicing in His power, and how out of all He is capable of, He thought it somehow important to create little me. And there, my heart is captured. "The eyes of my soul" fixed themselves upon His heart, and there I want to stay for the rest of my days. And the most incredible line-- I found my destiny at the moment when my soul lost itself in You. Everything in my life made sense when I finally opened my heart to Jesus and truly saw Him for who He is.

And now, the only thing that is constant in my life is His love for me. I sin, I stumble, people hurt, people abandon, only God is eternal, only God is the wholeness of love. The only thing that satisfies me is my King, my Father, my Friend, my Lover, my Savior: my Lord Jesus Christ.


"My lover speaks; he says to me,
'Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one,
and come!"
~Song of Songs 2:10

No comments: